A morning in Nandi Hills: Stuff dreams are made of…

So, the wanderlust tantalized by the Shivasamundram trip found me roaming around in yet another amazingly beautiful place this Sunday. And as always, I couldn’t resist putting the experience up on aS travel !
A bike trip to the Nandi hills, Karnataka.
Swinging in a haze
It all was pretty randomly planned for me. At 10:45 pm I got to know about a bike trip being planned, at about 1 am I got the bike keys from Chaitanya.

And at 3:45 am, we 10 batch mates were on our way to the beautiful misty morning ahead. I so love these random escapades from those dry management classes!
I was told that we were going to capture the sunrise. Apparently all of us were biking ahead in the dead of the night imagining ourselves to be sitting on a cliff, watching a golden red sun rise in the distant horizon in the next few hours.
We did reach the hills before sunrise; only to find a long jam right in front of the entry gate. As always, my high expectations had ditched me!
Lesson learnt: Avoid sunrise trips on weekends!!!
It was very frustrating. Watching excited people stuck in a traffic jam while the sky kept on changing colors. Apparently the road ahead was too dangerous to be travelled in the dark.
Finally, the barricades were lifted! We vrooomed ahead to the hilly road. I again imagined myself on that damned cliff watching that already risen sun in the distant horizon.
And very few times in life you are pleasantly surprised by the gross deviation of reality from your expectations.
As we moved ahead, it all got mystically hazy! As if clouds were passing through our hands. It all was so white.
So flawlessly white. No sign of a Sun. And no need of a sun, for it was so beautiful already that we forgot why we were there in the first place.
I now let the photographs do the talking. And as I myself browse through them, I feel as if I am posting about a beautiful dream that I had this Sunday morning, right there in my cozy bed!
Wind's in my hair, I'm part of everywhere

White contrast 
Gimme Red!
Somewhere in a green dream

Through black of day, dark of night, we share this pair of lives
Grains
When two's a crowd.

...of bent tree tops
Stairway to heaven
“Breathless, we flung us on a windy hill, Laughed in the sun, and kissed the lovely grass.”
- Rupert Brooke
Alok K.

P.S. The People collage!!!Nandi Hills 28 August

9 Comments:

Mohi said...

Dreamy, beautiful...

Anonymous said...

should it not be
" We did reach the hills before sunrise; only to find a long jam right in front of the entry gate. I wondered why I always EXPECT too much of every damn trip I made."

Admin, Team arbitSpeculations said...

Hello Anonymous,

Well, good to see that you went that minutely over a travelogue.

But strictly speaking, there's an error in your correction too.

Now you have two options, either to find the next error out, or to look at the beautiful pics and marvel at the beauty of nature.
Your call. Thanks for reading.

P. Soumya said...

poetic..beautiful.. mesmerizing!

Pravy said...

There is a pleasure in the pathless wood;
There is a rapture on the lonely shore;
There is society, where none intrudes,By the deep sea, and music in its roar;
I love not man the less, but Nature more.. - Lord Byron

Title card of "Into the wild"

nitesh bhasker said...

wonderful photography..!!

nitesh bhasker said...

wonderful photography..!!

NamJ said...

even I hav plannd a trip in my mind aftr reading it!!! ;);)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for finally writing about >"A morning in Nandi Hills: Stuff dreams are made of..." <Loved it!

Post a Comment

If you're not a robot, go ahead and use the word verification. Thanks!